Friday, March 6, 2009

Chandilier






Someone on the decorating forum wanted to see the chandelier I did. I bought the base of it at Kirklands awhile back and painted it the country white color. It was an old rusty looking color. I then added the prisms to it. Then later on Kirklands put them on clearance and I bought another one. So I did another one so they would match. My plans are to use the small candle type electric lights in it. It had a piece hanging in it with 3 votive cups in it for candles.

Also I am officially FINISHED PAINTING the chest and the night stand! YESSSS I just put the second coat of paint on them. Now I can't wait to put the knobs on the drawers and stick them where they belong so I can see what it looks like all put together. Man it feels sooooooo good to be getting all this done! I am SO READY to get my house back in order. I have stuff all over the house out of our bedroom.

And yesterday when I had a free moment I redid something I had asked my daughter to paint for me. She's not going to like it when she sees I did that. :( I had bought some small brown Home Interior sea gulls off Ebay to hang on our wall, and I wanted her to paint them like they're suppose to look. I found some like I wanted them to look like and printed them out for her. I thought the tips of the wings were black and she did them brown. So I went back and did just the tip of them black because I like that better. I hope she's not too upset with me because I changed them! I should have gotten pix of those but I forgot to. I'm going to see what they look like hanging above the canvas beach print over our bed and if they look ok, that will be their home.

No comments: