Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Dear Husband




Yep it's his birthday today!
Happy Birthday Robert and I hope you have many many more healthy years to come! :) I am baking him a coconut cake with coconut icing, his favorite! I bought a coconut cake mix and then ALSO added more coconut so he should be a happy camper! lol He is in there snoozing and I sneaked outta bed this morning and preheated the oven and got it to baking. It sure is smelling good to. Maybe I can get it iced before he wakes up and sees what I am doing. ;) I was going to get up at 7 this morning but rolled over to get out of bed and he was awake. Oh well...... so I waited until 8 and then he was asleep. Hee hee sneaky me. ;)
I'll have to try and remember to get a pic so you can see it. Although my cakes have never been something I'd want to take a picture of, but they sure are good. I'm just a plain and simple gal and like to do things just like that. So they're not very pretty to me. Anyway maybe it will be a pretty one this time.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!



UPDATE: Well I have a very funny story! lol DH smelled something 30 minutes before he got up. He THOUGHT I was making him breakfast as a surprise. We don't eat breakfast much. So he says to himself, I need to stay in the bed and not ruin her surprise. ;) He THOUGHT he smelled pork sausage cooking. hee hee and it was my coconut burning that I was TRYING to toast in the oven. One minute it was fine and the next minute it was BLACK! So I dumped that out and started over and the smell of that wafted over to the other side of the house into our bedroom. When he got up and told me I fell out laughing and got him to come to the kitchen where his surprises awaited him. Our daughter also had one for him there. Hers was the card in the pic along with some money. I'll just have to tell you what the card said. He was tickled pink with both his surprises and has already had a piece of cake along with his coffee and he said YUMMMM THIS IS GOOD!!! Then over into half eating the cake he says, this is excellent. WOW I did good I guess. ;) About now he should be on a real sugar high! lol I used over a half large bag of real coconut in the cake and toasting the bit I toasted for the top.

Ok now for what the card said.
On the front.... Happy Birthday To The Hunter
Inside......
Just because you're 63,
Don't despair, oh no
Overnight you won't discover
You've lost your get up and go,
Nor will you become all wrinkled,
Nor ache from head to toe,
So even though you're ripening
Don't regard it as a blow,
You won't suddenly look decrepit....
Cause that happened long ago!! :-)
Happy Birthday, Daddy! I Love you, Cindy!

No comments: