Sunday, July 19, 2009

Recipes

Yeah another post about food. lol Today we cooked a large meal for lunch because my DD’s boyfriend was coming over and I drug out an old recipe I haven’t made in many moons. He (DD’s) boyfriend, loves all things starch. lol He’s not a veggie sort of guy. Anyway so I made this recipe my sister had given me many years ago called corn casserole. I wanted to share the recipe with you AND tell you of an idea I had for it as well. I had also cooked the chicken poppy seed casserole and some stewed squash and some of our awesome spicy pinto beans. While I was dipping my corn casserole in my plate I thought hmmmmmmm, I bet that squash would be really good in the casserole. Rather than using the corn, use the stewed squash in it. You’d have to drain the squash some though to keep it from being too wet. So now I have got to get some more jiffy cornbread mix to make some with squash in it. lol

This recipe is sooooo easy AND fast!!!! You could even brown some hamburger meat and throw in it for a full meal. Then eat salsa with it. lol Anyway the corn casserole recipe.

Corn Casserole

2 cans cream style corn (no not drain)
2 boxes jiffy cornbread
1 stick butter (melted)
1- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese

Mix all together and bake at 350 degrees until nice and brown. Resembles cornbread when done.

No comments: