Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Antique Mirrors

I found a couple antique mirrors this evening at the local thrift store. I had a bunch of stuff in the back of the car that I had put there yesterday evening to take to them. So DH told me today I needed to mail our Netflix DVD and to go by the thrift store and take that stuff I had in the back of the car. I was like, OK. lol So anyway did all that and found these mirrors. I think the very same person must have had these that had the dresser I bought last week because it was ALSO covered in cat hair and spider webs. Here they are before I wiped and cleaned them up. Quite a difference with them after they are cleaned up. I think I am going to put one maybe two of them over my dresser.

 

P7071052

P7071055

I think I am going to paint them the country white to match my dresser. They are wood and the paint is flaking off pretty bad. On the back they had a sticker and it said Permaflect Mirror, J.A. Olson Company Winona, Mississippi. Oh I haven’t said what I gave for them yet have I? ;) 16.00 for BOTH of them. They are mega heavy to.

18 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Oh, I love the mirrors! They will look great with your other stuff!

You will be proud of me. At the Salvation Army last week I found a brand new, never written in devotional book with pages for notes by Beth Moore. It is called "New Every Morning" and lists for $12 plus shipping on the LPM website. Guess what I paid? 25 cents! I was tickled!

Take care!

Marilyn

Jennifer said...

Great mirrors! Cleaning them up makes a huge difference, but I think they will look beautiful painted. Have a great week!

K said...

Isn't it amazing what a little elbow grease will do! You will have to post pics of them after you paint them :)

~~Carol~~ said...

Gorgeous mirrors! I love antique mirrors so much, and you really got a great deal on yours! They'll look fabulous painted white!

Kammy said...

Wow, lovely mirrors...they will be great painted !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Amy Lynne said...

Great buy!

Cheap&Sweet said...

Do I see toes? lol just kidding great find! Way to look over all that cat hair and spider webs!

Linda said...

Beautiful mirrors....you can always find a place for them! Linda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are great looking mirrors & I can see them painted white. Really good price too for both of them.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Good deal. They will look great painted.
Glenda

Caroline said...

I have a thing for mirrors as well...they are going to look great in white!

Tarva said...

Great deal on the mirrors. I'm sure they will look great when you finish.

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

Beautiful mirrors, they will look awesome white! What a great deal you got!

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great mirrors - I bet they'll be pretty in white

Sandra said...

What a great find! I think they'll look pretty in a white color!
Blessings,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

We just inherited a similar mirror from a sister-in-law. 24x36 in size. Golden paint is chipping also. Beautiful mirror. Can't help but think you got a heck of a deal on yours.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE don't paint these mirrors. They are 1960's Hollywood Regency and are worth *a lot more* if they are in original condition. Great find!!

Anonymous said...

I've got a J.A. Olson mirror. Paint is still in excellent condition, about the size of those 2 mirrors, only mines a rectangle. Wondering what the value is on one of these mirrors???