Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Corn Chowder

I found a recipe online for Corn Chowder and made it for lunch today. I had some crab meat I had bought for some soup so I threw it in there to. Oh my goodness it was sooooo good! I know it’s hot weather and really hot and muggy here but I just wanted some of this anyway. lol

P7211098

Here is a recipe Here and it’s something like the one I made today in case you would like the recipe to.

THIS is the recipe I made all except I didn’t add the bacon. I also used non fat dry milk for my milk. I also mashed up my potatoes and I had cooked them before so they wasn’t in the chowder until after I mashed them. I also added 3/4 stick of margarine and cooked the onion in that before adding my home grown sweet corn to the mix. Can you say YUMMY? I had celery salt so I just added that instead of the celery but it was still good! I used Tony’s seasonings for the all purpose seasoning. It’s nice and creamy even with the potatoes mashed up in it. Oh I also added the 4 cans of crab meat to it as well.

I have the crock pot full of the Crock Pot Pizza now. I also added a little “extra” to it as well. I have wayyyyy too many jars of stuff in my fridge so I’m trying to get some of it out of there. Some of my extras on the canning wound up in the fridge because it wasn’t a whole jar. So I had 1/2 quart of the hot sauce we made in there so I added it to the pizza. I also used ground turkey instead of ground beef. I thought I had more shredded cheese in the fridge but I didn’t so I don’t have near enough cheese in it. But maybe it will still be good. In case you missed my earlier post on the crock pot pizza, you can find it on the first link on this post. Tammy has it on her recipe site. Man she has loads and loads of recipes on there and bunches of them look really good.

P7211097

It’s got to cook until 4 p.m.

No comments: