Saturday, July 11, 2009

Garage Sal-ing

Well I didn’t get up with the chickens like Rhoda over at the Southern Hospitality blog does, but I got a few bargains. lol I had planned on getting up with the chickens but wound up staying up really late watching an awesome movie and just couldn’t make myself get up that early this morning.

I also went to a couple thrift stores in the area and got a couple of things. One of the thrift store items was this little package of table napkins and rings and placemats. Notice the price on it. Hasn’t ever been opened. The little bottle I have some taller ones like it and thought it would be neat for in the bathroom with cotton balls and cotton swaps in them, it was .50. Or I might even fill them with sea shells who knows? The stainless steel bucket was 3 at the thrift store and I want to use it to put my spatula and large spoons in for the kitchen. The little blue fish there by the napkins was 6 or 7 dollars I can’t remember which. Got it and the other little fish on the stand for our beachy bedroom. Then the tall glass candle holder was 1.00 at a garage sale. The little pen and note card holder was 3.00 and from the antique store. I thought it was too cute and is sort of like the Old Country Rose pattern.

P7111068

P7111069

P7111070

P7111071

P7111072

I really like this fish with the seaweed and seashells on it. That’s going to be neat in our bedroom with all the other beachy things. hmmmmm I MIGHT need to add onto this room! LOL...... OHHHH I didn’t tell you……. I found me one of those life rings the other day at a local antique store. It was 2.00, can you believe that? I’m undecided if I am going to paint it or not. I’ll have to get a pic of it to show you as well.

So that’s about all for today. Stay tuned for more garage sales and thrift store shopping. ;)

Have an awesome weekend!

Rose

1 comment:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Great finds! I especially like those fish and the pen holder. I have never seen one of those wuite like that one. Cute!
I got a pretty good find yesterday too, but I'm going to wait to post about it. It is getting a re-do soon.
Have a great week!