Sunday, October 26, 2008

Take My Hand Precious Lord

As I was keeping Daff in my prayers just a few minutes ago, I got an email about this song. So I thought I'd post the info on here and something said you might better check it out first. So I did and it appears that Tommy Dorsey did write the song but not the same Tommy Dorsey that folks are thinking. I checked this out through truthorfiction.com. Here is their link if you'd like to see what they said about it. http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/t/tommydorsey.htm

As I was thinking about this song and also keeping Daff on my mind as she goes to hold her friends hand in her time of need, she will be holding one of her hands while God holds the other and is also holding Daff's hand. He says when we go, He goes WITH US.

I have Selah singing this song and they also sing Just a Closer Walk With Thee, and I know from Daff's post and emails that is her hearts desire, just a closer walk with Thee! She lost her husband back in the spring but yet she is helping someone else now. What a giver she is and an encouragement in her time of grief that she is helping someone else. I know she misses Papa, but she also knows in her knower as the Martins like to say, that Jesus is with her EVERY STEP of the way! He's guiding her feet AND holding her hands! WOW how awesome is that? A friend that sticks closer than a brother!!!!! How awesome is our God! Thank You Father for being with my online friend while she's away comforting her, as she comforts her friend and for You also comforting her friend. And thank You for guiding her feet and holding her hand and for giving her the strength she's going to need to be of strength to her friend. You tell us in Your word that when we are the weakest, You are strong and you also tell us in Isaiah that we will run and not grow weary, and we will mount up on wings as eagles. I just read something about that Father and it said that eagles can't really fly on their own without being on a mountain top or a hill so they can soar downwards to catch the winds draft to fly. They can't just pick up and fly off the flat ground. You are our wind that makes us soar like eagles and makes us not grow weary. I ask You in the name of Jesus to help Daff not to grow weary in her well doing and give her wings as eagles as she gives hope to her friend. Thank You God for what You are going to do THROUGH Daff and for what You have already done for her. Thank You Father for answering our prayers and for loving us!!!! Bless Daff and her friend. Thank You again for Your blessings! Amen!



Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, help me stand,
I am tired, I am weak,
I am worn;
Through the storm,
Through the night,
Lead me on to the light.
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall.
Take my hand, precious Lord,
And lead me home.



Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it Jesus is my plea,
Daily walkin' close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

I am weak but Thou art strong,
Jesus keep me from all wrong,
I'll be satisfied as long,
As I walk, let me walk,
Close to Thee.

When my feeble life is ore,
Time for me will be no more,
Guide me gently safely ore,
To Thy kingdom shore,
To Thy shore.

2 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Rose, thanks for stopping by. Yes, I'm heading to Gulf Shores on Monday & can't wait to see it. Never been, since I always go to the FL gulf beaches. I saw your pics of all the shells you found while there & I hope there are a few left for ME to find!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Amen! I have not been to the CS board in awhile. Just not enough time in the day. Please let Daff know that she is in my prayers and her friend also.
Thanks!