Tuesday, October 6, 2009

God’s Family, Being Happy, Being Who We Are Made to Be.

It’s funny how things happen sometimes to bring things back to light for you. Life in general is funny sometimes. But sometimes it’s hard to laugh at it. Maybe we feel hurt or torn down or abused. It really throws us some curves sometimes. But I CHOOSE this day to be joyful. It’s MY choice. He lets me choose. Thank you Jesus!!!

 

The Bible tells us in Matthew 7, judge not lest ye be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use to judge is the standard by which you will be judged. And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, “let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,” when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

Then in Luke 6:37-42, it says, Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. Give and you will receive. You gift will return to you in full- pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Then Jesus gave the following illustration: “Can one blind person lead another? Won’t they both fall into a ditch? Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher. hmmmmmm……… that’s some good stuff. And Luke goes on to say about the same that Matthew said about the speck and log in our own eye.

We each have our own faults so we can’t be going around pointing others faults out to them or pointing their faults out to other people because that is tearing them down in the other persons eye. None of us likes our faults pointed out, not even the person reading this right now. I read something one time that I thought was so true, some folks find fault like it’s buried treasure. OUCH…… but so true. Been there done that. Was I trying to make myself feel better about myself? Or was it because I was insecure about myself? Or did I think down deep that I was better than they were or what? I have no idea WHY I did that, just that I did and I was convicted of it. I still struggle with it from time to time and have to ask God for forgiveness.  Lots of times we see ourselves different than others see us. It is very hard to look at ourselves and really see how we really really are down deep inside. BUT we have to so we can grow to be the person God wants us to grow to be. OR to grow up to be so to speak. If we are pointing out others faults all the time, family and friends will not want to be around us. That is so sad to because satan is destroying their witness as well as the witness of the person they are tearing down to the other person. As well as destorying their family relationship.

Satan can use us and we are not even aware of it sometimes. I know first hand, because he used my husband and I one time trying to tear a family apart and we had no clue we were being used. He is trying his best to destroy the family and will do anything in his power to do so. I never realized just how much we as Christians can be used by satan to hurt someone or to tear them or their family down until that happened in our life many years ago. It scares me still knowing just how easy he can do this. I am so happy and so proud the person had the guts to confront us (in a Christ-like manner) and tell us what was happening in their home. That is why I am sharing this now in hopes it will help someone else and help us to see just HOW he operates! The Bible tells us he is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. All he is out to do is to tear down and to destroy.

You know what, I just had a thought, let’s do some research on satan in the Bible. Look for what he is, how the Bible tells us he operates, how his character is, etc. I think that might really help us to learn just what he is. :)


Edited to add: Satan is so clever and deceptive that he parades around as an angel of light” (2 Cor. 11:14), making him an extremely bad foe. Paul exhorted, Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes Eph. 6:11, Put on the whole armor of God. He is a tempter, he is against God and His family. He tears down, he is rebellious. He thinks he's equal with God. He's a deciever. (to be continued)

God is SO GOOD, soooo patient and soooo gracious to us even though we ALL FALL SHORT. I dearly LOVE the saying, please be patient with me, God isn’t finished with me yet!!! Please don’t talk about me and run be down to others because you are destroying my witness and my reputation to them. By what the Bible tells us, that will destroy you as well. Let’s pray for one another and allow God to change us and our faults and build each other up like building blocks. We don’t want to tear anyone’s building blocks down like the lady that wrote the Silver Boxes book I love. Right now I can’t remember if her name is Florence Littauer or not.

Let’s try to find the good in the other person and not the faults they have. We will be more Christ-like.

No comments: