Sunday, April 5, 2009

Window Shelf and Curtain Rods

P4050552

P4050550

I have had the boards to these shelves cut out since before our shed caught fire back about 2-3 years ago. Can’t remember now just when but it was some where along that time. I had these boards on the carport or they would have been burnt with my band saw. Anyway we finally got me another band saw in spring of ‘08 and finally got it put together this spring! Can you say slow? lol At least it’s FINALLY DONE! So needless to say I have been trying to get these done since I have another one to work with now. It sure is a nice one to. Now I want a table saw AND a drill press OH AND a vice/vise SP? not sure on how to spell that! LOL Then I will have enough stuff to do what I need to do. ;) I LOVE working with wood. Anyway before I get carried away anymore, see details below.

 

We got all the curtain rod/window shelves finished today. I even got the one painted that will go above our bedroom window. I still need to put another coat of paint on it though. But it's getting there. As you can see, the pile is waiting for their paint. lol They will get painted the same color green that is in our living room. Our daughter was very impressed she said. She told us when she came home from work, “Ya’ll they look plum professional looking!” Wow, she said it looked like we bought a kit and put them together. I basically just made up my own pattern after searching online for a pattern and finding none. Just found pix of them. I wanted a rod for my sheers so that’s what the second rod will be for. I have some little wooden things I will attach to the end of those rods to give them a more finished effect. I love building stuff like this! It’s so much fun because I know I will have more areas to display my pretties! :) That makes me smile BIG smiles. ;)

NOW hopefully I can get at least this one hung early next week! I HOPE!!!!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

Rose

1 comment:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

WOW! They really do look professional! How fantastic! I can't wait to see them all done and in their proper places.
I want some woodworking tools! LOL! I'm serious! I think I could do thsoe thigns too if I had a place to store the tools in.
Great, awesome job, Rose!