Sunday, August 16, 2009

EASY Recipes Using Ragu

I found these two recipes on one of the blogs I visit often but can’t remember which one it was now. It’s probably one of the blogs I have in my side bar.

Anyway I figured I would share these so you all could use your Ragu you got with all of those coupons we had out in bloggy world. IF you didn’t get any of the coupons it might not be too late. You might can google and see if you can find one to print out.

Now for the recipes…. I made the lasagna recipe a couple days ago and it is AWESOME!!! I used regular white sliced cheese in it to.

Quick and Easy  Lasagna (this takes about 15 minutes to throw together.)

brown hamburger meat with half of a chopped onion

pour in one jar of Ragu sauce

salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t add any extra because the Ragu has it already, but I did add some garlic powders because I don’t think you can add too much of that! lol)

Layer the meat sauce, lasagna noodles (I used what I had which was egg noodles) cooked or no cooked. But I did cook mine just a little until they got a little soft. and add mozzarella and cheddar mix, still layering. I usually do 2-3 layers. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

 

Chicken Cacciatore

2 tbsp. olive oil

2 pounds chicken legs and thighs

1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu chunky pasta sauce

Directions:

1.) Heat oil in 12” skillet over med.-high heat and brown chicken.

2.) Stir in pasta sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

3.) Serve if desired with crusty Italian bread or hot cooked pasta served with additional Ragu chunky pasta sauce.

I think it would be good served over rice as well. Might be a little like Mexican rice.

No comments: