Thursday, November 5, 2009

Out and About in My Yard

Was browsing around my yard this evening when it dawned on me these would be the last blooms I’d see until next spring. So I decided I’d take a few pix to share. Also I had promised to take a pic of that verbena that has engulfed the whole flower bed and everything around it. lol It has completely taken over the butterfly bush behind it. It just peeks out here and there out of the verbena. One thing about this verbena though, there’s NO WEEDS around it!!! Maybe I need to plant more of these in the whole  flower bed. ;)

PB050743

I don’t know if you can tell just how big it is or not but the flower bed is a good 12-14’ wide and it’s at the edge on this side and hanging out in the grass on the other side. Oh and can you see my flamingos sticking up in there? They’re hid from it.

As you can see, the butterflies have it wrapped up. They were like ants on it this evening. Everywhere I looked there were butterflies. Some I’ve never even seen before.

PB050746

PB050747

PB050752

And Mexican Heather…..

PB050759

Red Salvia….. This stuff has bloomed it’s heart out this summer! I had caladiums in there as well but they’ve died back.

Pb050763

Last but not least the show stopper in the fall! As you can see this thing puts on some blooms every fall and when the leaves fall off it looks like it has snowed! Everyone that sees it flips out over it when it’s in bloom. I have 2 twigs that have came up beside the trunk I have been watching like a hawk so I can transplant them when they get big enough. As you can see from the pic below the blooms are snow white. It’s just now starting to bloom.

Pb050742 Pb050739

Well I hope you have enjoyed my yard tour. :)

No comments: