Monday, January 11, 2010

Goin’ Away Party

Today while running around town wasting time while my daughters car got worked on we shopped at some antique stores. I will share some pix of all that later on though. Anyway on my way home I was listening to my Christmas CD my daughter got me of Jeff and Sheri Easter and this song was on it, Goin’ Away Party. I’ve never heard it before and I listened to it over and over again. WOW love this song!!! As I was listening I couldn’t help but think of my cousin Angie. She wasn’t born in 1900 and wasn’t 15 when she met the love of her life. But she did love her Jesus and was ready to see Him. This song reminded me of her sooo much as I listened.

I know this is how I would like people to feel when I’m gone. Lets have a party! This is the day we’ve waited for. No more struggling here and no more hard times here. Just peace and love with Jesus!! Anyway wanted to share the words to the song for those that haven’t heard it.

 

Goin' Away Party - By Jeff & Sheri Easter 
             

Born in 1900 she had her share if hard times
And at the age of fifteen she met the love of her life
And how she adored Him, loved Him till her dyin' day
So we celebrated when we put her in the grave. 
                  
We threw  a goin' away party; it was the event of the year
The day that she lived for is finally here
The One that she loved wants her by His side
So strike up the band, it’s party time. 
                
For many a year she served her community well
And on occasion she'd stumble, but this saint of
God never fell she was in love with Jesus,
He always stayed on her mind
And now they're together havin' one heavenly time!! 
          
The One that she loves, He wants her by His side
Strike up the band, it’s party time
Strike up the band, it’s party time
It’s party time.

No comments: