Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting Sidetracked

Wondering if any of you ever get sidetracked when you’re trying to accomplish something? I do it ALL THE TIME! UGHHHHH Well I did it AGAIN today! I’m SUPPOSE to be cleaning out the shed and organizing it but went to dump a load of trash that I had gotten out of it and was going to burn it, and got sidetracked. Sidetracked you ask? What did you get sidetracked on? With me it doesn’t take much because there is always soooooo much to do around here! :( It seems to stay piled up on me.

Anyway, back to the burning the trash and stuff I was throwing away out of the shed. I got out there to unload the wagon of junk and got that unloaded, but saw a pile of oak limbs from hubby cutting down a tree 2 years ago that never has been cleaned up. I worked a little on it during the winter every chance I got but this was a HUGE oak tree so with huge oak trees you get huge oak limbs. He had cut the wood off it to burn for two winters now. So the small limbs were still out there to be cleaned up. This is actually out of our yard but I like to keep it all cleaned up so I can mow it 2-3 times a summer.

So I get all those limbs picked up and burnt. Then I decide I NEED to get all the leaves AND pine straw that was under all the limbs, raked up for my garden. So I do all of that and pile it at the gardens edge for putting on the garden when the soil warms up more. So THAT took up most of my time and it’s really later on in the evening now. BUT BACK to the shed I go……….

THEN I go back to the shed and start working some on it. Not through with that project my any means! It’s going to take quite awhile to  get it done! I am going to build some shelves in it to sit things on. I have a wall cabinet someone gave me that I also want to hang up. Then I also have some hanging hook things for hanging things on that I will have to put a board up to hang those on as well. Yep lots to do out there before it gets to hot in that metal shed! Then I am also going to TRY and get things organized so we can find what we need when we’re working on a project.

OH and I ALSO mowed the yard when I was SUPPOSE to be cleaning up the shed! lol So now the lawn is mowed as well. Sidetracked? Yep all the time? I sure wish I had like 25 of me around here and then maybe I could get caught up and everything look nice. I have a “to do” list a mile long! :( And it seems to grow. ;) 

So what about you, do you get sidetracked as well?

No comments: