Saturday, November 10, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Extract

 

As you guys know vanilla extract can get pretty expensive. I am going to make some of my own using some recipes I found on these blogs.

 

MY BAKING ADDICTION

TIDY MOM

 

Yesterday when I walked into the liquor store the dude asked if he could help me. I said I am looking for a cheap vodka and he thought I was going to make daiquiri's with it. I told him no, I was going to make some vanilla extract because I am tired of paying 4-5 bucks for a little bity bottle of vanilla. I think my bottle of vodka was like 7.80 tax and all. My vanilla beans I got off Amazon and they were under 10 bucks. Not bad for a huge bottle of vanilla. Then as I use it out of the bottle I just refill it with fresh vodka so it should last me quite some time.

Have you ever made your own vanilla extract? How do you make yours?

 

Rose

No comments: