Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Organizing and Recipe Binders

Well yesterday I managed to work some on getting my containers labeled for my items that need to go into them. Since going Wheat Belly, by Dr. Davis, I needed containers to put my different items in and wanted to label them and fix them cute. I didn’t manage to get my stuff in them but at least I got them labeled. I made the labels with my Cricut.

P7173283

I am going to replace all the terra cotta colored seals on the jars. I can’t find those around here and have only found the white ones so I figured OK I will use those!

I think I might need to move Flaxseed up a little on that bluish colored one. I used a piece of masking tape to get them straight and it was in the way of where flaxseed needed to go.

 

Recipe Binder

Then today I started on my recipe binders. I am making my own index tabs because the ones you buy are hidden with my plastic sleeves I am using. I like using the plastic sleeves because I can wipe them clean if something is spilled on them. Plus with hubby home all the time now he was baking some when I couldn’t so it sure needs a cover over them.

My daughter brought these from work to me to use as my tabs. I am having to cut them so that they will work, since they are way too long. So I chose where I need to cut them and draw a line so I can cut it straight because sometimes the black part needs to be moved over so it’s not all covered up with the next one. These things are MEGA thick! I want to cover them with something pretty because they are ugly. I thought about using some contact paper that I have on hand that I use in my Cricut.

P7183291

A close up of the folder tabs. The black area is metal. But like I said I want to cover them in something to make them prettier.

P7183292

 

I am trying to figure out just how to break down my notebooks into categories and then use separate tabs for each different cookbook. That way I wont have to dig through 40 recipes in one category to find the recipe I want to make. I really NEED simple these days!

I really need to use smaller binders but for now I will use what I have on hand and then buy them in all white and 2” binders I think will be plenty big enough.

I wanted to do cute ones like the links below. I wanted to post some ideas in case you were interested in getting yours organized to.

Click on the bold words below to check out a few neat ideas.

BROWN PAPER PACKAGES

A BOWL FULL OF LEMONS

KEEPING LIFE CREATIVE

GET ORGANIZED Some really cute ideas here along WITH the binder for recipes.

DELIGHTFUL ORDER

CLEAN MAMA

I hope you got some ideas here to get your recipes organized if you’re having trouble with yours like I am. I will work on this project a little along until I get it finished. So stay tuned. Smile

 

Edited to add: Well I decided against the old brown folder tab looking things. I wanted my recipe binders to be cute since they will be out on the cabinet to see. I had planned on covering these tabs with some pretty contact paper but on second thought I don’t think I will like the bulky-ness of that. So I went to Michael’s and bought some of their scrapbooking card stock to make my own sheets and tabs from.  I will also use the card stock to decorate up my binders on the front and side.  I am going to double the card stock on the tab area so it will be more sturdy and then cover just that area with some clear contact paper. I think I might even cut like a half inch strip of the paper and stick it over the area for the holes that will be punched so it will go in the binder. This way that will also be sturdier. Since I got the very last sheets of about 2 of them I don’t think I will have enough to do the front AND the backs of my binders but we shall see. I want each binder to color coordinate with the other binders.  So this is where I am now in my thinking.

 

Rose

No comments: