Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Place of Safety or Sanctuary, God is our Oasis

I’ve had this song on my mind for months now. I have wanted to sit down and write the words down so I could post it on here for someone in need of encouragement.

It just gets me every time I hear it, it’s just so encouraging and I dearly LOVE the reminder! God is our Oasis! I had to look up the word to be able to share the right meaning of it. I know what it means but was hard for me to explain in my own words. Meaning: 1. A shelter serving as a place of safety or sanctuary. 2. A pleasant or peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult, troubled, or hectic place or situation. WOW all I can say is WOW. He IS our Oasis! I guess that’s WHY I LOVE the beach as much as I do because it’s sooo peaceful to me and a sanctuary and you can just SEE God ALL IN the peacefulness of it, the sun rises and the sunsets are just something to behold.

 

God is our Oasis

Sometimes life is like a burning desert. If the days were miles it would be a million wide. and one can get so thirsty for one drop of mercy. but all you find are bones where someone else has died. BUT

God is your oasis…… in dry places, He makes flowers grow……God, is your oasis…… and where His grace is, living waters flow.

You know the sands of disappointment they can sometimes steam the soul, that blazing ball of fire gets hotter by the hour. Oh that dry hot wind that burns us, is like breathing in a furnace……. while the sun cooks up the supper, for the buzzards to devour.

BUT God is your Oasis…. in dry places, He makes flowers grow……God, is your oasis…… and where His grace is, living waters flow.

OH BUT GOD is your Oasis…. in dry places, He makes flowers grow……But God, is your oasis…… and where His grace is, living waters flow.

And where His grace is, living waters flow!!!

If you’ve never heard the song the Hinson’s sing it and I think it’s called Oasis or it might be God is our oasis. Here is the song if you want to hear it.

 

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=20884080&ac=now

JUST in case that one doesn’t work, you can click on the song here and listen to it. http://www.myspace.com/thenewhinsons/music/songs/oasis-20884080

 

Rose

No comments: