Saturday, July 14, 2012

Canning Tomatoes, Making Yogurt, and Not Getting to Organize My Recipes

Well needless to say I didn’t get to work on organizing those cookbooks. I got those zucchini put up and wound up being out of patience AND energy so I KNEW I better not work on them with me feeling like that. They’d be a mess and I would be a wreck with no patience to. So was going to do it today but didn’t feel like it today either. Canned tomatoes and made some soup today. I told hubby how many pints I needed from the shed for canning the tomatoes. Well I needed about 3 more of them really since I had more than what I thought. I did get 9 pints canned though, so that was good.

So I thought, OK what can I do with these left over tomatoes?  Since I like soup, winter, summer whenever, I decided to make soup. I had some canned okra so I used some of that and some deer meat I had already cooked with tomatoes in it so I put that in there and some chicken broth I had in the fridge as well. Put a bunch of seasonings and onions and bell peppers in it to. Man it sure was good. I had some pork skins I’d bought at the dollar store so I used those as my crackers since we’re not eating crackers now and it was so yummy. Don’t know if you like pork skins or not but I do and they just made my soup.

I also got some frozen yogurt made for the ice cream freezer this evening. My ice cream freezer wasn’t in the fridge so I just made it up and stuck it in the fridge so I could make it tomorrow when the ice cream freezer was frozen. I had to take it out the other day because I needed the space in there.

THIS is the recipe I used for my frozen yogurt. Man it’s so good I could just drink the stuff! lol BUT I didn’t. I didn’t have the maple syrup so I used butter flavored and plain mixed together and also used sugar free syrup as well. I had some plain yogurt on hand from the store so I just used that. It needed to be used since I’ve had it a little while now. So I just made up a couple batches of it and used both quarts of the yogurt. Now all I will have to do it put it in the ice cream freezer and let it do it’s job.

Anyway I hope to get started on my cookbook organizing soon.

I hope you are having a good weekend!

 

Rose

No comments: