Monday, December 13, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cookie Recipe

I wanted to share a recipe with you all. I don’t remember where I found the recipe but it could have been at THE TASTY KITCHEN BLOG. I made them a few minutes ago and they are really good AND easy which is a must these days for me! Plus I had all the ingredients on hand and that is also a plus for me.

Pc132876

                         Pumpkin Spice Cookies
                       (Makes about 50 soft cookies)


1-½ cups Butter (soft)
2-½ cups Packed Brown Sugar
4 whole Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 pint Pumpkin Puree
1 quart All-purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Cloves (was a little too much cloves for me, going to add ¾ tea. next time.)
1 teaspoon Allspice


Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.
In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients then stir into the creamed mixture.
Drop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.

I had a small sweet potato in the fridge that no one had eaten so I mashed it up and threw it in the batter to. I used a heaping teaspoon full of the batter for each cookie. These cookies are really good and soft but I was thinking of something I want to try with them.

I’d like to make some of the creamy white confectioners filling that is in the middle of some cookies for these. I think it would be sooooo good! Now if I can just find that recipe!

More pix of the cookies……

Pc132877

Pc132879

Whoops looks like I may have found a recipe for a white filling for these AND there is a cookie called, Pumpkin Whoopie Pie! Smile so that might just be what these turn out to be. Winking smile

 

Filling

3 cups confectioners sugar

1/2 cup margarine (softened )

8 ounces cream cheese (softened )

1 teaspoon  vanilla flavoring

 

NOTE: You may want to half this recipe because it seems like a lot for this small amount of cookies.

Cream all together until smooth. Put into a zip-lock bag and clip the bottom corner just a little bit so you can squeeze the filling out the hole onto the cookies. You  may want to put down some wax paper to do this on so you will have a place to fix the cookies.

No comments: