Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thinking About Christmas Decorating

Am wondering how many more folks are thinking about Christmas decorating?

I usually do my decorating after lunch on Thanksgiving day. Well I used to do that but now a days I start some time after that. One year I even started in December with it. I have NEVER waited that long because I was just too excited about getting it done.

My hubby and I bought a Christmas tree a few years ago at Lowes but when we got it home, it was much too big for the space it needed to go in. I should have taken it back then, but didn’t. So I have lived with it ever since. I couldn’t ever put the lower branches on it because it was wayyyyyyyy too big around and it was also so close to the floor there was no space for the presents.

Those branches we weren’t using so last year we took those and cut them to fill in some areas on about 3 rows that were missing branches from day one.

So last year hubby tried to get me to throw the tree away and lets just get another one. You know how it is after Christmas, no extra money. I told him no, I can’t get rid of it until I get a new one. Then this year it hit me, why not cut the inside part of the branches off so it wont be sooo wide.

So when I got the idea I asked hubby would he cut the branches off so we could keep this tree since we’d paid so much for it. It’s a nice full tree and the ones I’ve seen for around 200.00 aren’t as full as this one. So that’s what we’re doing now, cutting them off. He lacks 3 more rows from being done with it. I got a couple shots of him and the tree while he’s working on it. You can’t tell, but he DOES have some glasses on to protect his eyes from the steel.

Hubby loves this cutting tool. It has came in sooooo handy for all kinds of things. I think this is the one that somebody gave to him.

Robert and the Tmas  tree

As you can tell, I always color code my rows of branches on the tree. That way we will know what row goes where as we’re putting it together. You can’t see these once the other branches are put on the tree. When we bought it, there was different colors of paint on row but it was so faint I decided to color code it with pipe cleaners.

As you can see the tree is sooo nice and full. I haven’t even messed with the branches to fluff them out or anything. We just stuck them in place to make sure we’re getting shorter as we go up the tree.

TMas tree

Stay tuned for some decorating photos really really soon. I will start that up some time after Thanksgiving hopefully. I’m going to start working on the tree and when that’s finished I will decorate other things n the house so please come back and visit me again soon.

P.S. It just  hit me, Hubby is going to see his brother for a little while so I might just get the garland out of the attic and decorate the banisters outside. I don’t like to do it when it’s cold because I freeze to death trying to get it done. It’s a pretty day for it so I just might go ahead with that today.

Rose

No comments: