Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Little Urn Christmas Trees

Finally got my urns this year for my birthday so I made me some little Christmas trees in them with some tomato cages and wrapped the cages with garland. It didn’t take long at all to do it.

This project didn’t cost me anything because I already had everything I needed to do it with. The old garlands I have had many years and the lights, oh AND the tomato cages. lol

The tomato cages fit so snug into the urns I didn’t have to attach them in anyway. I was worried about how to attach them because I didn’t want to have to put soil in them. I tried it first and they fit so well I didn’t add any soil to it.

One is fatter than the other one but it’s ok. That piece of garland was fatter than the other one. This is the skinny one without lights. It was raining, cold, AND windy out there today but I got em done!

Pb302702

Now here it is with lights.

Pb302705

Then here is the other one that is fatter.

Pb302719

Both of them together. Sorry the pic is a little blurry. I am going to add some garland around the door with some bows and lights as well but I was too chilled to do that today. With all the rain, wind, and cold, I had to get inside and warm up.

 

Pb302712

 

If you’d like to make you some little Christmas trees you can find all kinds of directions online. Just go to www.google.com and type in how to make tomato cage Christmas trees and you will get lots of directions.

It’s very easy. All I did was turn the cage upside down and tie the wires together that you stick into the soil. That is the top of it. Then I stuck them into my urns and started putting the garland around them. I just used pieces of the garland to wrap around the cage here and there to hold it in place. Then I added the lights. You might need 3 garlands between the two of them though because 1 wasn’t quite enough to get one of them all covered. I had some short pieces that I used to finish it up with. Then I used a strand of 100 clear lights and a 50 strand for each one. I think I might need more lights on them though so you could use 2- 100 strand lights on each tree. It was fun to make and didn’t take but about 15-30 minutes each. I had to transplant a plant that was in one of my urns, so it took me a little longer on one of them.

No comments: