Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wheat Belly and Recipes

I just had to share this recipe with you all. Us folks doing Wheat Belly, by Dr. Davis have certain things we can eat and this would be one of them. Someone posted this and I just had to share because I think a lot of us like EASY recipes. I think when I make this I will make 3-4 and put them in the fridge because the waits going to be hard. Winking smileAlthough IF I eat them all in one week I might not lose ANY weight that week.

Anyway I figured I would post a few more while I was posting this one.

 

Click on the link below for the minute microwave cheesecake. I can’t wait to try this!

 

MINUTE MICROWAVE CHEESECAKE

PIZZA this REALLY LOOKS yummy!

PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES this one we would have to change the honey to sugar free syrup to be Wheat Belly friendly.

BAKED CAULIFLOWER POPPERS these look VERY yummy! In fact I bought the stuff today to make these with.  ALSO on this same page is cauliflower rice that looks yummy to.

EASY LOW CARB COCONUT CREAM PIE This is VERY GOOD although I just used vanilla and if you really like coconut I would use a little more coconut. That’s my plans anyway. It is VERY easy to make but takes a little while to bake but very good. Hubby and I both loved it. It’s sort of like a custard but thick once it’s refrigerated. Also bought some more unsweetened coconut for another one of these. I used Stevia in place of the Splenda.

SPAGHETTI ZUCCHINI This looks very good!

 

ZUCCHINI PATTIES yummy

 

ZUCCHINI MUFFINS

 

BROCCOLI SALAD I have made this twice in July and it is soooo good!

 

BAKED CHEESE CRISP this look yummy to.

 

ALMOND CRUSTED OKRA

 

SQUASH PANCAKES

 

PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE   This would be good as an icing.

 

PUMPKIN CAKE BARS WITH CINNAMON ICING again change the honey to sugar free syrup for Wheat Belly.

 

COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES again change honey to sugar free syrup.

 

MR PEANUT SANDWICH BREAD This is good, I have tried it. But I did make my own peanut butter to. I thought it would be real peanut butter tasting but mine wasn’t.

 

CANDIED PECANS again use sugar free syrup in place of the honey.

 

MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE again replace honey with sugar free syrup. I keep saying I am going to make this and haven’t yet. I might just have to break down one day shortly and make it!

EDITED TO ADD SOME MORE!

 

Flax Seed Bread (For Croutons) Making Croutons

Cheesecake Bars with Fresh Blueberry Sauce This one has my mouth watering. I LOVE cheesecake!

ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS

LOADS OF RECIPES HERE Once you have read Wheat Belly you should know what NOT to eat. There will be some here we wont be able to eat since this is Paleo. So be sure and check your Wheat Belly book if you’re not sure. The agave and the honey is a no no on Wheat Belly and I know there are also other things but I can’t think of them right now.

CHICKEN CUTLETS AND MORE

HOMEMADE HOT KETCHUP Hot and Spicy! I WILL be making some of this SOON! I will change the brown sugar to Stevita and also IF I need a thickener I will use the guar gum instead of the cornstarch since I’m not consuming that these days. But man I bet this is SO GOOD!

 

BAKED SOURDOUGH ALMOND FLOUR PANCAKE

LOADS OF GOOD RECIPES ON MARIA’S PAGE

And MARIA’S BLOG SPOT

 

PORK SKINS>>>>>Also some ideas for rolling meats, or veggies in for frying or baking. You can get those really airy crunchy pork skins at the Dollar Tree and put them in a food processer and cut them into powder. Then put an egg or two in a bowl and mix up with a fork and dip your meat or your veggie in it and then into your ground up pork skins.

ALMOND MEAL>>>>>Almond meal is not ground as fine as almond flour is. I used it to roll my okra in to fry and it was good but I also want to try the pork skins on the okra next time to see which is best. My almond meal I ordered from California Gold in a 25 pound bag. Then I took it and froze it in thick gallon zip-locks and then I also put those bags inside Wal-mart bags and tied them up so they wouldn’t get a hole poked in them. Once ground up the almonds would go rancid quick so I put them in the freezer.

CALIFORNIA GOLD link to where I bought my Almonds in bulk. You can also get them from off Wheat Bellies Blog. I will post that link below to. I had already ordered mine when they put the link on his blog. Scoll down and the links on the left side.

WHEAT BELLY BLOG

WHEAT BELLY FACEBOOK PAGE

He also has a recipe page on Facebook.

WHEAT BELLY RECIPE CENTRAL

 

Lots of new folks getting on board the Wheat Belly lifestyle don’t understand why we don’t do some of the other flours in our recipes. We go for the lower carb nut flours like coconut flour and almond flour for instance. Dr. Davis also says if it says gluten free to run from it because it is very high in carbs and or sugar. He says even if you are not a diabetic it will still run your blood sugar up and that causes all kind of health problems for us. IF you haven’t read his book yet, oh my goodness it’s a must read in my opinion and in loads of other folks as well.

 

 

For the LOCAL FOLKS close to the Hattiesburg,MS. area….. I am getting lots of questions were I am finding my stuff. Here is some answers to those questions…..

 

UNCURED BACON…. I find that at Wal-mart in the bacon section. The Little Butcher Shop also has the bacon and theirs is unsalted as well. We just salt it before we cook it. It also has the skin on it as well. You will HAVE TO CALL before you go and get them to cut you some like you’d like it to be in pound packages or whatever because they don’t always have it when we stop by to get it. LOTS of times they don’t have it. SO CALL first. Smile

 

The International place there beside Best Buy and the Chinese restaurant has lots of things. I went in yesterday to get some more unsweetened coconut and found several things. They have sesame seeds in nice size bags, the black and the white ones. They have coconut milk in the cans. Coconut oil in the quart size. Wal-mart also has the coconut oil but not in the quart size. The Health Plus beside the International market place has lots of things like Stevita and the flours and flaxseeds even the golden flaxseeds. The first Tues. of each month they have a 25% off sale so you can get what you need for less.

 

 

OKAY I think that is enough for tonight.

 

Rose Marie

1 comment:

21stCB said...

Thanks for all the recipes and helpful info!