As some of you know my husband went into the hospital for a hip replacement. He is doing awesome by the way.
I went to the nurses station to get some ice last night for him and they had this circulating down there. She ran me off a copy and I just had to share! I also want to give the lady credit that sit and drew this. WOW WOW WOW On the paper is says it was drawn by, Pam Cedotal.
It’s called, “Face of Eternity”. Isn’t it awesome! Man what some detail and some thought! When I first saw it I couldn’t take my eyes off it. I sure hope you can see it. I took a pic of it so I could share.
Close up of right side…..
Close up of left side……
Beginning with the scene at the lower left which forms Christ’s hair at His right shoulder, the components are as follows:
1. The birth of Jesus. Luke 2: 7-18
2. The flight to Egypt. Matthew 3:13-15
3. The boy Jesus at the temple. Luke2: 41-49
4. Jesus performs His first miracle, turning the water into wine. John 2:1-11
5. Starting at Christ’s left temple, proceeding downward; at Jacob’s well, Jesus asks a Samaritan woman for water. John 4:5-42
6. Temptation of Jesus in the wilderness. Luke 4:1-13
7. Jesus walks on the stormy sea. Matthew 14: 24-33
8. Jesus blesses the little children. Mark 10:13-16
9. Forming the crown of thorns on Christ’s forehead; the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 26: 20-30.(In his quilt, Judas spills his glass of wine which trickles down past his foot symbolizing a drop of blood caused by a thorn.)
10. Forming Christ’s beard from right to left; Judas betrays Jesus with a kiss. Mark 14:43-46, (Judas clutches the pouch containing the 30 pieces of silver behind him.)
11. The judgment of Jesus; Pontius Pilate washes his hands to signify he is innocent of the blood of a just person. Matthew 27:11-26
12. Forming Christ’s brow and nose; Jesus crucified. Mark 15:22-37 Angels hover near Him on each side of the cross.
13. Beneath the cross, a Roman soldier casts lots for Jesus’ robe. John 19:24. Nearby Mary is overcome with sorrow.
14. On the other side of the soldier, a man prepares to offer Jesus a drink from a vinegar soaked sponge which has been secured to a reed. Mark 15:36
15. Forming Christ’s mouth; the women who have came to the tomb to anoint Jesus’ body find the tomb to anoint Jesus’ body find the tomb empty and are told by an angel of the resurrections. Matthew 28:1-8
16. Jesus shows the doubting Thomas His pierced hands restoring Thomas’ belief. John 20:26-29
“….And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen” John 21:25