Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pool, Garden and the Yard

Yep we’re getting a pool and I’m excited right now! I am like a kid at Christmas time, I can’t wait! lol Hubby is out there now trying to till up the hard soil so we can dig it out and level it. The pool is 18’ wide so we’re making the circle a little larger than that. As you can see the right side is about 4” higher than the left side. I want to plant some of my banana trees on the back side of it where the power line wire thingie is over there at the top right of the pic. We had to get into my flower bed where the tiller is but that’s ok to. I can redo that and add it to my landscape around the pool.

Dscn3030

I’ve been needing to dig up and thin out my yellow daylilies along the walkway so now I can do that. Then plant them ALL IN around the pool and around the front of it so it will fit into my landscape.

In the next pic you can see where the patio is and the stepping stones leading out toward our shed. I want to paint it a pretty soft brown color and add some things on the sides of it to make it fit into the landscape as well. The little metal door there propped up against it is a little door that hubby needs to put on the house so we can have something to get under the house with in case we need to.

Dscn3031

Anyway I want to extend the stepping stones to the pool and I will also move the monkey grass so it will be around the edge of all the flower beds around the pool.

 

Another shot of the area where the pool will go. This flower bed where the banana trees are will join the pool flower bed. I wanted to wait until he got it tilled up so I could lay some water hoses out to see just how I want to lay it out.

DSCN3033

See all the yellow daylilies? Those along the walk have been there for like 5 or more years now and need thinning out. So I am going to use some of those around the pool area.

Dscn3034

This is another type I have that is pretty but I can’t plant them together or they will go back to the original kind.

DSCN3039

I also have these I can plant here and there around it as well. These need thinning out BAD!

Dscn3040

OK now for the garden…..

I just this morning picked my first harvest from the garden. ;)

Dscn3044

A baby one on the bush. Isn’t it just too cute?

Dscn3043

And more coming on. These things are FULL of blooms!

Dscn3046

No comments: