Wednesday, October 4, 2017

How to Make a V Neck Out of a Round Neck Tee Shirt





Figured since I got pix to share on my Facebook page I would TRY and make a post about it on my blog. I am hoping this works because in my program I use to write my info, I forgot my info password and such and not been able to get into it. Oh well, Windows Live Writer wouldn't work for me. UGH Don't know WHAT is wrong! :(

OK here goes….. This is the tee shirt before pic but details first…. I went to the thrift store and found they were having a bag day and you fill a bag for a buck. So this was one of my deals in the bag. I like purple and I like butterflies.  Notice the round neck in the before pic.


I take the neck band off almost to the shoulder seams lacking about an inch or so. I go to the front side of the shirt and stretch it a bit and I can find the seam in there. Use my seam ripper and it's easier to get out that way.

Once ripped out I then find the center of each the shirt and the band. I cut the band at the center point. Then I cut the shirt into a V at the center point of it as well. Pics below of how much I cut out. If you cut out to much you might not have enough band to put back on there.




The part of the shirt I cut out to form the V in the above photo. Then the band in the below photo forming the V shape when sewn.



THE BAND: Notice the pen direction goes from where it was sewn onto the shirt here upwards for forming the V in the band. I have to really watch what I do here because I have gotten the V upside down before!


Then I serged it. You have to stretch the band to fit the shirt. I pen it in place when sewing, but you can’t do that with serging.


Finished.

Doesn’t take long at all to do. Now got to hem those sleeves! They’re much too long for me dangling around my elbows!

I got it a bit off on the V, since I was using my serger. I’ve always done this with my sewing machine and I had to take the pen out I had in the point of the V and it shifted on me. NEED to make me up some bands or use some I am cutting off of tees I am restyling and practice a bit with the serger. I think you get the jest of it though. 
Hope everyone is doing well!

Rose

No comments: