Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Still Around

Hey, just wanted to make a blog post to tell you I am still kicking. Just really busy in the little chicken business. Hatched out 3 batches of chicks this year and am raising 2 batches of them. We butchered 4 cockerels today from one batch for the freezer. We had one rooster start trying to attack us back in January of this year and we butchered him so that started it. He was so good I/we decided we wanted to do some more. So I needed some more hens because I wanted all Rhode Island Reds so hatched out some more to get some more hens. Just figured heck, I’d butcher the cockerels for the freezer so that’s what we’re doing. Got a few more in this next batch but they wont be ready for 2-3 more months.

I know some of you from the decorating forum that closed down is following my blog so I wanted to come on and say I am still around. Been thinking about doing a few blog posts but just haven’t had the time lately when I feel up to it. Finally got put on some thyroid meds so maybe soon I will be back to my old self. I sure hope so anyway.

I hope all of you are well and doing some fun stuff.

Maybe I’ll be back soon with some interesting projects. I hope so anyway. Open-mouthed smile

 

Rose

No comments: