Thursday, March 5, 2009

Painting Furniture















Was wondering if any of you have ever used varnish over paint when you painted a piece of furniture? I don't want to have to go back ever now and then and retouch up my painted furniture so this is WHY I wanted to varnish it. Will it make my country white painted furniture look yellowish? I wanted to ask before I put any varnish on it. The reason I ask is, I painted a desk that was my husbands about a year ago, and you should SEE this desk now! :( He has bumped and knocked it until it looks like it's fallin off a truck or something. You can see the old paint color in every spot that has been knicked. :( Since he'll also be using this furniture I REALLY NEED to protect it some how because I don't want to have to stand over it with a paint brush. I want to be done with it and not have to keep messing with it.


I wanted to show you all how well the lines in it shows up now that it's been primed! You can REALLY SEE the lines now! I've got it all primed and was going to come home and slap a coat of the paint on it. But when I got home our daughter was here and we visited instead. Since she started seeing this guy she's seeing now, we don't get to spend much time with her anymore and we miss that. Anyway wanted to show you my mess. lol








No comments: