Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home, Home on the Range

Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam…….

yeah buffalo! Cindy needed to get her some lunches so we went to town. On our way home we took the back roads on hubby’s suggestion. Was riding down through there when all of a sudden this is what we saw. Needless to say we HAD to stop and take some pix.

Buffalo Close up GOOD

I got out of the car singing, oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam. ;)

We stood there taking pix and they came right up close to us. I guess they thought we were going to feed them.

It sure is neat having buffalo in Mississippi! :)

One Buffalo looking at me

Small Buffalo

We were taking pix and taking more pix and we kept hearing this really weird noise off to our right. I kept looking around for it trying to figure out WHAT was making that noise! When all of a sudden I FINALLY saw it….. Just don’t ask me WHAT it is ‘cause I can’t remember! LOL

Critter

P3141460

There were a bunch of these things! It’s a large herd of them.

P3141442

It was such a beautiful day today for taking pix.

Standing there taking pix, I couldn’t help but think of my Indian family many moons ago hunting these. Man it must have been something hearing them in a herd running through the woods!

No comments: